Wednesday, August 02, 2006

In Love


Another piece of writing from my mornings. The photo is of the carpet in the lounge, which I am trying to match a wall paint colour for. Soon these old carpets will all be gone. I've loved so many carpets in flats I've lived in, especially that one you used to see quite a lot with large red flowers on it.

Being my body, I walk through the world acting large,
never finding a possibility for the petite, the diminutive.
Being my body, I take up space
and fling myself over the world
to lie in slumber like the giant of lake Wakatipu,
my every breath causing waves on your shores.


And you?
You the shore I lovingly lap,
you the golden sands I worship,
you, being your body, walk through the world on stilts,
touching the heavenly things
and bringing them down with a stoop of your long back,
a stretch of your long fingers.


If you would lie down with me,
like Rangi and Papa in the very beginning,
I would be wrapped up,
tied up in you,
as I am, hopelessly entangled,
loving you with my watery sighs and tears,
wishing you to bring the sunshine of your face closer to me,
imagining the ecosystem we would inhabit together,
the most beautiful paradise imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home